Artful Reflections – The Story Behind the Art No. 7

Giorgio Dimichina

The Red Door

The Red Door by Giorgio
24”x 30” Acrylic on Canvas
Limited Edition Giclee’s Available

——————————————————-

The inspiration for my painting “The Red Door” and the ongoing series I am creating titled “Doors of Europe” came to me while traveling through Italy and encountering many such glorious and wonderfully unique doors.

I have created three paintings so far in my “Doors of Europe” series.
The other two are the “The Green Door” and “The Blue Door” Below.

The Green Door

The Green Door by Giorgio
16”x 20” Acrylic on Canvas
Limited Edition Giclee’s Available

———————————————————-

The Blue Door

The Blue Door by Giorgio
16”x 20” Acrylic on Canvas
Limited Edition Giclee’s Available

I have always enjoyed the warm welcoming sight of an old door surrounded by flowers and well established vines. The unique colors and shapes of the beautiful doors one encounters all throughout Europe, seem to have their own individual story to tell. These old doors stand secure in their history, welcoming everyone’s imagination to enter their threshold and imagine the life within.

For me, there is something enticing about an old door that has stood its ground as a trusted guardian for generations. It is as though these doors beckon one to recall moments that bring back feelings of comfort and joy.

May the doors in your life lead you to a place of renewal.

Arrivederci,
Giorgio

Born in Argentina, Giorgio Dimichina fell in love with art at a young age. After pursuing a successful career in visual arts with major corporations such as Mazda and Pepsi, Giorgio left the corporate world in order to pursue his passion and talents as an artist. Today, Giorgio’s art work is admired around the world as he is best known for his beautiful landscapes, incredible detail,  and picturesque scenes.

For more on Giorgio,  please go to artbygiorgio.com

All art and photographic images copyright by Giorgio Dimichina. All rights reserved.

7 Comments

• Terri Sopp Rae says:

Lovely . I will always look at doors differently now . Thank you !

• IKMedia says:

Morning Terri:

Thanks Terri for taking the time to write us! So appreciate you and will definitely pass to Giorgio. Yes! Agree. Doors are incredible! You are so correct! Just never thought about the beauty and “magic” of doors! Thank you! For more on Giorgio, please check out http://www.artbygiorgio.com Giorgio will be back soon with another essay…see you soon! IK Media

• IKMedia says:

Dearest Terri! Thanks for writing about Giorgio’s latest piece and how wonderful to hear that you were able to see his work in person at the Artist Eye in Laguna Beach. That is fantastic. The work must be breathtaking. Thank you so much. I’ll pass on to Giorgio…IK

• Lovely paintings—so vibrant! Doors do have an emotional aspect to them…they can be welcoming or a barrier. Looking forward to seeing the next door painting!

• IKMedia says:

Morning Francesca! Thank you so much..So true about what you wrote about doors. I never even
      thought about doors until this essay and the beauty and magic of them. For more on Giorgio,
      please go to http://www.artbygiorgio.com We will definitely pass on your comment and thank you again for taking the time! IK Media

• Lisa brady says:

I like how he compares them to a trusted guardian. I never thought of them that way. I too am looking forward to the next door painting.

• IKMedia says:

Dearest Lisa!
      Thank you so much for your lovely comment. Yes, it is amazing when Giorgio compares doors to a “trusted Guardian.” We appreciate your kind comments and will pass them onto Giorgio!